Alright, it’s been a while. And I’m not going to write much now either.
But here’s THE NEWS:
- I ran Brussels 20k in a very nice time (according to my standards). Finished in around 1:18, even though I took the first 7-8k “easy” and stayed with Greg & Kristof. Good times, but we lost each other in the crowd and I sailed on, caught up with lots & lots of folks and had quite some energy left for the last 3k, when things got steep & heavy. Finished with a smile, according to the Brussels Airlines guidelines I got during the briefing (thanks again guys, for giving me the opportunity to run).
- Last few weeks were miserable. A 30k run with a really bad feeling. Wake up the next morning sick. I guess I already was but the signs weren’t showing yet. Then had some issues with my left calf again. It’s a fragile balance between running and recovering it seems. Almost like I’m balancing on a thin line, might need to give myself some time off. Not really looking forward to that though.
- But then on Saturday the feeling was almost gone and by Sunday it’d disappeared completely, so lot’s of fun this weekend. Weather is getting better, Greg came over to play on my new playground. Lot’s of ups & downs, sunny with some refreshing rain towards the end. “Only” 20k, but about 600m of positive altitude. We had fun!
- I’m running the “Nacht van Vlaanderen” marathon this Friday. Start is at 08pm, I’ll see how the legs are, but if all is well, I’ll go for a solid time. Let’s say somewhere near the 3:00:00 mark.
- My buddy Kristof is running the 50k the day after. If all goes well, I might join him. Maybe not for the whole 50k, but at least for a good part of it. Who knows.
- Making summer holiday plans. Looks like I’ll be missing out on the “6 uur van Aalter”, which is a pity. That was a lot of fun last year. If you’re into ultra running and you’re around on July 21st, you should definitely consider doing this!
- To make up for that, I might be running something else instead. Looking for trail runs in France, but might as well do the mont ventoux all by myself. We’ll see.
- In other news, I’ve started creating a new website. The same, but different. So I guess I’ll be spending less time on posting and more time on programming for a while now, but I’ll try my best to keep things alive around here for the time being.
To cheer things up, some pictures of my last few runs below 🙂